I feel obligated to post this incredibly cute picture of Helmet Girl and Wally. Wally is so-named because he fell from the roof and landed inside of a wall. When they peeled back the wall, they found this kitten. This was at the shop near Hull where I had my tire replaced after ignobly bursting the side-wall of my tire. I had burst two tires driving up to launch and some incredibly awesome guys stopped and helped me out. Robert and I had already tried to replace one of the wheels with the spare, but both (three?) attempts ended in failure when the car rolled backwards and off of the jack. Then these backwoods angels came out of nowhere and plugged the hole in the tread of one of my tires and tried to repair the sidewall in the other (unsuccessfully). I will admit, it did look kind of ghetto after the third plug was inserted into my sidewall...we decided that adding more plugs just made the hole bigger.
Like Helmet Girl said, the flight was terrifying. I'm starting to realize there are various levels of terror. This one fits somewhere between going to the DMV and flying straight into a barbed wire fence. The adrenaline was pumping for sure, but I didn't feel the all-consuming panic. Overall, I'm looking forward to the next flight. I know my glider can do it, and I know I can do it, so I can enjoy it next time.

I LOVE the fact that they named him Wally after that. And this is all i could think of when they told me where he came from:
ReplyDeletehttp://elsmar.com/Forums/picture.php?albumid=140&pictureid=1674